Notifications for certain forum events can be delivered in-app (via Growl-style popups) and/or via email. New users will be opted in to a list of notifications that can be configured by the administrator. Users may edit these preferences in their profile at any time.
Any notification level may be selectively disabled globally. It is also possible to globally disable all emails, to accomplish this please contact your CSM.
Notifications available by default to all users.
- Notify me when people write on my wall.
- Notify me when people reply to my wall comments.
- Notify me when people mention me in comments.
- Notify me when people comment on my discussions.
- Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions.
- Notify me when people mention me.
- Notify me of private messages.
- Notify me when I am added to private conversations.
Addons may add more notifications:
- Notify me when I earn a badge.
- Notify me when a badge is requested. [Requires Badge-Give permission]
- Notify me when my ideas’ statuses change.
- Notify me when the status changes on an idea I’ve voted on.
Questions and Answers
- Notify me when people accept my answer.
- Notify me when people answer my question.
Moderators and Administrators can be given the 'advanced notifications' permission within roles and permissions to be notified for every new comment or discussion, and they can set this per category. [ADMIN/MOD only]
This permission should only be given to Mods and Admins in small communities as it has a maximum of 50 users.
These are available on the same Edit Preferences page under Edit Profile, just below the basic notifications.
Vanilla starts with these defaults:
You can set default notification levels for new users with the help of your CSM. Please keep in mind that CSM changes to default notifications will apply only to users who have the default notifications.
Changing your Notification Preferences
Please note that screenshots and directions below are from a desktop view of a simple Keystone themed forum. Please consult your CSM for any clarifications.
Edit Profile from the user menu.
Notification Preferences from the preferences on the left side of window.
3. Once you've applied your preferences be sure to
Save Preferences on the bottom of the screen.