When the Resolved Discussions addon is enabled for your Higher Logic Vanilla (Vanilla) community, a few important things happen:
- All discussions across your Vanilla community are automatically labeled as Unresolved.
- Staff users can now flag discussions as Resolved. The Resolved status is shared among all Staff users (i.e., if one Staff user marks a discussion as resolved, it will appear as Resolved for all Staff users).
- Discussions will become Unresolved if a non-staff user comments on it or if another Staff user manually flags it as Unresolved.
The Resolved Discussions addon helps your organization more easily review and track every discussion posted in your Vanilla community. This feature is especially useful in highly-curated communities.
As you can see, a visual indicator is displayed next to each post, making it easy to see what needs to be reviewed at a glance.
🛑 IMPORTANT: These visual indicators are only visible to Staff users.
Enable the addon
The Resolved Discussions V2 addon can only be enabled by Vanilla staff; if you need it enabled, contact Vanilla Support.
Resolve a discussion
When this feature is enabled, all new discussions are labeled as Unresolved, by default. Once you've reviewed a post and are ready to mark it as Resolved:
- From the main Discussions list page or an individual discussion page, click the ellipsis (...) menu and select Resolve. The visual indicator changes to a green checkmark.
Can discussions become unresolved?
Yes. Discussions will become Unresolved if:
- A non-staff user comments on it; this helps Staff users visually understand when new comments are added to a discussion.
- Another Staff user manually flags it as Unresolved. Click the ellipsis (...) menu and select Unresolve. The visual indicator changes to a yellow exclamation mark.
View all unresolved discussions
When enabled, the Unresolved option is made available in the Quick Links area.
- Click this link to view all unresolved discussions on a single page, making it easy to review everything in one place.
What is a Staff user?
A Staff user is any user belonging to a Role granting the
Check out the article below to learn how to manage your Roles and permissions.
Can I use custom language for these indicators?
Yes. Contact your CSM or Vanilla Support.