Release 2019.012 was first deployed to Vanilla Cloud on Thursday, August 29th 2019
Knowledge Base Theming
This release adds some core theming options into the knowledge base general appearance setting.
Options currently include:
- Adding an overlay over the sites banner image.
- Configuring global site colors.
- Configuring titlebar colors and the titlebar border.
These options allows sites to quickly and easily match their brand identity in their knowledge base. For more detailed theming contact your CSM to inquire about Vanilla's Professional Theming Services.
Improved Reporting Plugin
The reporting plugin has been updated with improved support for post formatting. Reported posts now display as richer quote, which can preserve text formatting from the original post.
The plugin is also now compatible with Rich Editor posts.
Embedded content rendering warnings
Some users configure their browser to block external scripts & sites. Sometimes this can interfere with the rendering of various rich/auto embeds. 1 commonly blocked embed is twitter. Starting in this release, if an embed fails to render due to a user's browser configuration, they will be shown a warning icon next to the link.
If they click on this warning icon they will be taken to an FAQ page explaining the issue. The embed will still render normally for other users.
Other Editor Changes
- Fix creating a poll with an empty Rich body. vanilla#7290
- Fix incorrect positioning of the Rich editor paragraph formatting on the first line. knowledge#1137
- Improve styling of list elements (especially nested lists) with rich editor. vanilla#8985
- Fix emoji rendering in the Rich Editor emoji picker on windows machines. vanilla#9143
- Fix bug where an article could post on top of another one. knowledge#1103
- Fix the appearance of not being logged in when a user uses Salesforce Social Connect. internal#1949
- Fix fatal error when viewing a BBCode post with an attachment via API v2. vanilla#9222
- Fix CSS class being a required field in Ranks API responses. internal#1944
- Fix user availability search not working on connect registration. vanilla#9207
- Fix viewing public group discussion as a guest throwing Discussions.Add error. internal#1942
Other bug fixes
- Fix plain text emails rendering with HTML tags. vanilla#9204
- Fix users able to post URLs when rank does not allow. internal#1943
- Fix inability to use mentions when behind Reverse Proxy. internal#1950
Starting in this release PHP
E_USER_WARNING messages are being sent to logs init addition to errors. vanilla#9201
This may cause additional content to be written to web server logs, please file issues for warnings that may appear.