Featured Collections are live in the Success Community!

Shauna
Shauna HLV Staff

Hey everyone! ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™€๏ธย 

Happy Wednesday! You might notice the homepage and discussions page are suddenly looking a little extra spiffy! ๐ŸŽจ

That's because we've added two new widgets - Featured Collections and a Leaderboard.ย 

I'm incredibly excited about using Vanilla's new Featured Collections โ€“ it's a great way to showcase excellent content in your community. You can even target it at different roles to show specific content (using different collections) to various personas/roles. I strongly recommend that you check out the Content Collection doc on this new feature to see how it can work for your community.

We'll be reviewing the featured content on a regular basis, using criteria like # of comments, # of reactions as well as that certain something I like to call 'secret sauce' โ€“ stuff that's just awesome!ย โญ๏ธ

If there are any posts that you think should be featured, hit those reaction buttons, send a PM, or tag me (@Shauna) or my colleagues @PiperWilson or @Aaron

๐Ÿ† Congratulations to @skmetz @AndrewLapidus @bmaue @kimmieharrington @gxjansen and @Kirstie Macfarlane -- they are the first recipients of the brand new featured content badge:

Keep on posting awesome content to earn yours!ย ๐Ÿ’ช

What do you think about Featured Collections? Are you interested and have questions? Bring 'em on!ย 

Are you already using them? Show off and tell us how it's going!ย 

Shauna ๐Ÿค“

Comments

• gxjansen
    gxjansen Vanilla Ice Cream

Awesome!

Small note: the featured item "Upcoming HLV Connect: Open Session Reminder" is about promoting an event that took place yesterday, not sure if that would still make it a useful featured item? :)

• Shauna
    Shauna HLV Staff

Good call out @gxjansen! We'll be posting the call notes from that item and then it will be quickly replaced with our next event, ROI & Analytics -- stay tuned ๐Ÿ“ป

• BrendanP
    BrendanP HLV Staff

I love the functionality on the recent discussions page that is built on the layout editor. Filtering to my followed categories is seamless and doesn't reload the rest of the page. Sneak preview of what discussion sorting & filtering will look like when that's released.

• I'm jazzed, and I wanted to call attention to our Featured Collection right now. It's downright spiffy, and I wanted to make sure y'all noticed how interesting a collection could look.

• LiselotteP
    LiselotteP Vanilla Ice Cream
    edited September 2023 #6

I love love love this! Now I just need to figure out where it stands out best on the homepage!

• LiselotteP

Speaking of, how do I change the order of the tiles? I tried taking something out of a collection and putting it back in to see if it would jump to the top of the collection but it didn'tโ€ฆ

• Rav Singh
    Rav Singh Vanilla Sundae

Big fan of this too ๐Ÿ˜Š

Its allowed us to group and showcase content for different products under a central theme/topic without resorting to announcements which is great.

@LiselotteP At the moment, featured collections show content from oldest first and there isn't a way to reorder them unfortunately. Hopefully that changes soon as I'd love to have some control on the display like you can with other widgets.

The other thing that would really round off this feature is having some way of managing Featured Collections without having to know what content is already in a collection.

• The other thing that would really round off this feature is having some way of managing Featured Collections without having to know what content is already in a collection.

@Rav Singh - Would you go into more detail, please?

• Rav Singh
    Rav Singh Vanilla Sundae

Sure! ๐Ÿ˜Š

At the moment, the only way to know which discussions are added to a specific collection is by actively displaying the widget on the site. I have collections which I'm not currently displaying so it's hard to know what content is within those featured collections unless I switch them on temporarily.

Also when removing content from a collection, you need to go through through the 'Add to Collection' option which is a tad confusing.

A menu/UI for admins/mods to manage collections and their content would be perfect.

• LiselotteP
    edited September 2023 #11

Hi Vanilla Friends,

Is there any way to show the featured collection without the description? I feel like my image is too text heavy:

Thanks!

Liselotte

• Rav Singh
    Rav Singh Vanilla Sundae

I don't think there is a way at the moment @LiselotteP but there's a feature request for it which you might want to check out and add your vote to.

PS: Your Featured Collection looks great! Love the different colour shading in the title/description section