Khoros to Vanilla Migration Pointers

Options

Hi! We've had a Vanilla instance for 3 years, and through an acquisition, now have a Khoros instance as well that we will be migrating into a combined Vanilla instance. If you migrated from Khoros, and have any pointers about your migration experience, I'm all ears. Bonus points if you have merged a legacy Khoros instance into an existing Vanilla instance.

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• Shauna
    Shauna HLV Staff
    Options

@jlefebre I know its been a while, but curious if you have any best practices for Katie here :)

• Jean K
    Jean K Vanilla Flower
    Options

Hi @KFreedman,

We migrated almost three years ago our Khoros instance (just one, no multiple instances) to Vanilla.

The migration went well - we were a couple of days in "read-only" mode, but no major things I can remember.

If you have any specific questions, please let me know!

/JeanK

• KFreedman
    KFreedman Vanilla Flower
    Options

@Jean K - Thanks for this feedback. We're really trying to avoid paying Khoros $ for a usable sample of our data for testing purposes, and don't want to put the community in "read-only" mode if we don't have to….but it's looking like Khoros is going to force our hand on this. It's super frustrating, and reinforces why we're moving away from them.