Managing PMs with multiple moderators? Strategy needed!

MelJenk
MelJenk Vanilla Sprout
edited March 2023 in Talk Community #1

Hi All, How do you manage Private messages with multiple moderators? Do moderators sign up with their own accounts, or do you share an account? We are unclear how this works in Vanilla. We work in shifts, so it could be a sign off, but we like to be able to see all the PMs in one view, and be able to reply, whoever sees it.

Thanks so much for your help!

Comments

• Hi there!

It sounds like you need to have all your moderators work off one account. I can't see any other way to do it if you want everyone to be able to see all the messages.

Here are the logistics (that may not be the right word) I suggest you consider as you build out the program.

• Schedule only one person in the moderator account at a time.
    • Consider creating a private moderator category where moderators can talk about situations. I recommend a category rather than a chat channel so that there is a more permanent record.
    • Create a style guide so that all moderators are "speaking with the same voice."
      • It can be confusing if Joe is more gushy and empathetic than Sally, who is businesslike and to the point.
      • In the style guide, use scripts and phrases that moderators are required to use. Everyone says hello and signs off the same way.
      • In addition to scripts and phrases, create a standard format for titles in the private moderator category.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I would love to hear from more people about how they handle this situation. I know that there are several large communities with multiple moderators.

• MelJenk
    MelJenk Vanilla Sprout

I appreciate your insight, Piper. If anyone else has something to add, please share. Thank you!