Product ideas/feature requests in community 🧐

Options

Hi all,

I'm looking into adding a product idea section to our community. We're using our community as part of our scaled CS motion. So basically this would give customers in that segment a way to surface feature requests since the traditional way would be directly to a CSM. I'm curious how other teams manage these requests/ideas in their communities.

• Is this something that the product team manages?
  • If not, who monitors and submits these to product?
  • How do the upvotes factor in?
  • Is there a piece of this puzzle that I'm missing completely?

Thanks in advance 🙏

Comments

• Adrian
    Adrian HLV Staff Alumni
    Options

For our part here, we work closely with the product team. We have an agreement and a process. The idea was to streamline all idea requests via the community, so it's not coming from a dozen sources. We are also using Product Board on the PM side to do roadmap ect.

I would talk to your product team and understand how the curate product ideas today, their workflow and process. Then see how your community can help stream and scale their process.

Hope that makes sense :)

• wes_catalyst
    wes_catalyst Vanilla Seedling
    Options

@Adrian our product team breaks requests into categories similar to how your product ideas page is structured with subcategories. So I think it would be a fairly transferable process.

I'm going to reach out to product next, and I just wanted to make sure there weren't any "gotchas" before we talked.

Thanks as always for the quick response ⚡️